Events & Programs
COVID Self AssessmentAHS has launched an online survey you can complete that helps to tell you what to do regarding the virus as it pertains to your specific situation. Health Link is overwhelmed by calls right now, so they recommend doing this survey, and it will advise you whether to phone Health Link. https://myhealth.alberta.ca/Journey/COVID-19/Pages/Assessment.aspx
BowWest Basic Supports
At BowWest, a Community Advocate can help you access government supports and benefits available due to COVID-19. These include:
- Emergency Food
- Basic Needs support for rent and utilities
- Financial assistance to purchase medication
- Assistance with internet access
- Free help filing taxes (income eligibility requirements)
For information, call 403 374 0448
Community Resource Centre HUB
Support is just a phone call away!
For your safety during the COVID-19 pandemic, Community Advocates are managing HUB enquires and support requests by phone.
Community Resource Centre HUBs are located across Calgary and can assist with:
- Basic needs referrals for food, furniture, and clothing
- Local supports to assist you in your community
- Resources and information related to a variety of topics
- Crisis navigation to provide support and direction during difficult times
To be connected with an Advocate in South Calgary, please call: 403-874-8819
Emergency Food Support
BowWest’s Fresh Market Connections at the Bowness & Ranchlands offices are temporarily discontinued.
Call 403 374 0448 for information or to access the following supports:
- Emergency food hamper referrals to the Calgary Food Bank and the Society of St. Vincent de Paul
- Good Food Box
- Buy fresh fruits and vegetables at a low cost
- Open to all Calgarians
- Orders for Good Food Boxes in Calgary’s north neighbourhoods MAY be subsidized by contacting us
- Emergency Food Hamper Pick Ups and Delivery, By appointment only
- Grocery Cards
- Call to arrange Canada Post delivery of a grocery store card
- Household must include a community member who can go to the grocery store
BowWest is offering free tax clinics during the pandemic.
Conditions apply. These include:
- Income limits (low to modest income)
- No first-time tax filers
- No medical expenses
- No changes to address or marital status
- Access to email and internet
Call Rose at 403 374 0448 or email email@example.com for information.
Dollars & CentsFind out how to earn while you learn!
The Dollars & Cents workshops are conducted online via Zoom.
These workshops aim to boost your confidence in finances by learning budgeting, banking, credit assets and consumerism.
Participants who complete all 5 workshops MAY be invited to join a matched savings program called Family Saves.
- Participants can save between $20-$50 a month
- At the end, savings will be matched 3:1.
For information, contact Chloe at 587 848 8373 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you struggling with mental health issues, especially during this time of COVID-19?
Insight provides counselling to guide positive change in all aspects of an individual’s personal and working life. Subsidies are available.
For information, call 403 374 0448
BowWest offers 1:1 financial coaching via phone and online.
A financial coach helps participants:
- Increase income
- Reduce expenses
- Work towards a financial goal
Pandemic regulations restrict public access to the Clothing Room located at the Ranchlands office.
- If you or a member of your family needs clothing, call 403-374-0448 for eligibility & to make arrangements.
- Based on information provided, a volunteer will pack a bag of requested items for pickup.
- Donations and returns can be left at the BowWest office in Ranchlands.
- Donations: clean & gently used WARM WINTER WEAR and BOOTS for all ages and genders are gratefully accepted. COVID is restricting our volunteers from assisting so we would appreciate it if you took all other clothing and household items to WINS.
Good Food BoxBuy fresh fruits and vegetables at a low cost!
- Small box: $25 (20-25lbs)
- Medium box: $30 (30-35 lbs)
- Large box: $35 (40-45 lbs)
To find the contact nearest you, go to https://www.ckpcalgary.ca/goodfoodbox.